Introduction to GMAT
Owned by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a computer based, standardized test which is taken up by the students who want to apply to for various business management courses after graduation in order to attain a Master’s degree in Business Administration. Students appearing for GMAT can apply to more than 2100 universities across the world that offers a choice of more than 6000 programs in various business and management streams. GMAT has its test centers in 112 countries and can be taken up at any point of time during a particular year, whenever the students would like to appear for the GMAT exam.
GMAT analyzes a person’s reading, writing, analytical, logical and quantitative skills through its unique pattern. It includes 4 sections that includes – Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, Analytical Writing and Integrated Reasoning. The sectional format for GMAT is as follows:
|GMAT Test Section||No. of Questions||Question Types||Duration|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||1 Topic||Analysis of Argument||30 minutes|
|12 Questions||Multi-Source Reasoning
Two- Two Part Analysis
|37 Questions||Data Sufficiency
|41 questions||Reading Comprehension
|Total Exam Time||3 hours, 30 minutes|
What edge does GMAT has over other exams is the question that comes first in the mind of anyone who wants to pursue a Master’s degree from some reputed B-School. The answer to the question is very simple. Being accepted by more than 6000 courses for business and management programs, GMAT is the first preference for world’s business leaders to get into the world’s leading business schools. It simply works. The skills that are respected by these leading schools can be very well showcased through the GMAT exam.
“Writing GMAT exam is ensuring your first successful step towards a glorified career.”
Once GMAT is cleared it guarantees you admission into world class business classroom. From nearly 60 years, reputed B-Schools all across the world have been trusting GMAT and have been using it to accept students in the courses offered by them. GMAT provides the following advantages not only to these schools but also to the students applying in these schools:
- It provides a sync between the skills that you possess and those required by schools:With its unique Integrated Reasoning Section, GMAT allows you to showcase the skills that matter the most to these schools and business houses.
- Tested and Certified measure of one’s success:After being researched for decades GMAT has been confirmed as a reliable and valid predictor of a person’s academic journey in the present world graduate management courses.
- Having its acceptance by most business schools across the world: GMAT is accepted by most of the management schools and allows you to take maximum number of courses. The number is way more than any other examination.
- Give the exam when you feel like giving it: Once you are convinced about your preparations for appearing in the exam, you can sit for GMAT in world’s best state-of-the-art facilities specially designed to give you an incomparable test-taking experience so as to bring out the best in you.
GMAT Content Relevance
The content for GMAT has been designed in such a way that it evaluates your skills and abilities in one just 3 hours 30 minutes. All the sections are designed in a manner that they measure your –
- Reading and Writing Skills –With the help of its Verbal and Analytical Writing sections you can be very well judged for your abilities on reading and writing. You can prove it in these two sections that you have the skills required in you.
- Understanding the Real world situations –The Integrated Reasoning Sections allows you to showcase your abilities in understanding the real world situations and inferring the relevant information out of them.
- Quantitative Reasoning power –The Quantitative Aptitude Section that brings to you data sufficiency and problem solving challenges allows you to display your abilities to solve the quantitative problems in one go.
- Comprehending Capabilities –The Reading Comprehensions under the Verbal Section allows you to display the brilliance in you as far as understanding of the passages is concerned. GMAT passages can be from ‘n’ number of fields like – economics, psychology, sociology, history, politics, literature, etc. Answer them correctly and showcase your comprehending capabilities.
- Analytical & Logical Abilities –Almost every section require you to apply logic and analysis in solving the questions. Pertaining to the questions in those sections, if you apply the correct logic and analyze them in the best manner, you can communicate your brilliance in these two aspects.
- Graphical Understanding –One thing that is very much crucial in any business is the understanding of the graphs. The Integrated Reasoning Section brings up such challenges for you. The correct solution to these problems displays your abilities in proper understanding of Graphs.
- Analysis of Situation – The Analytical Writing section provides you with one topic on basis of which you need to provide your analysis of arguments. Providing with the best reasons, analyzing the situations in the best manner, expressing them in the best written format allows you to score high, thereby showcasing your analytical and writing skills.
Posted by Yogita Kapoor Friday, October 21, 2016 01:15:00 PM