The duty for the preliminary exam for the management field i.e. CAT, is in the hand of indian institutes of management at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh for the Second time in the tenure since 2009. The last exam conducted by IIM, Lucknow was in 2010 which was pretty competitive.
As well known to all , the paper is divided in 3 section –
- Quantitative Ability
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
With a total no. of 100 questions. Questions are objective type and approximately 20 to 25% are non MCQs. Also,each question carries 2-3 marks each and it also consist of negative marking; 1 mark deducted on every wrong answer.
Last year in 2016 , 2,32,434 students applied for appearing in the CAT exam highest since 2010 and 1,95,000 appeared for the exam same as 2012.
Expectation from IIML
- Due to having different approach in admission processes, it is assumed that IIML would bring changes in the exam structure increasing the difficulty level for the same.
- If the pattern is similar to the one conducted by IIML in 2010, the QA is expected to be easier, LR & DI section would be between easy to moderate.
- It is also expected that IIML might also alter the no of question in each section with respect to total questions being 100.
- IIM, LUCKNOW IS YET TO ANNOUNCE THE CAT CONVENOR FOR THIS YEAR’S CAT EXAM. TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES WILL BE THE ONLINE TEST PARTNER FOR THE SAME.
|LAST SUNDAY OF JULY’ 17||OFFICIAL NOTICE BY IIM,L|
|FIRST WEEK OF AUGUST’ 17||APPLICATION COMMENCEMENT|
|LAST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER’ 17||END OF APPLICATION ACCEPTANCE|
|THIRD WEEK OF OCTOBER’ 17||PROVISION OF ADMIT CARD|
|FIRST WEEK OF DECEMBER’ 17||CAT17|
|FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY’ 18||RESULT OF CAT17|
Posted by Harit Sharma, Tuesday, June 27, 2017 10:37:00AM