CAT Slot 2 Analysis 2018 – The Second slot of Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 has come to an end. As per the test takers, the total number of questions was 100, VARC section was of 34 questions, DI LR with 32 questions and Quantitative section had 34 questions.
- VARC was similar to Slot-1.It was pretty much along the lines of CAT 2017, except for minute structural changes. Reading Comprehension was little tougher & the Para jumbles were easy and doable.
- DILR was quite similar to the last year with 4 LR sets and 4 DI sets.
- However, Quant was tougher than last year.
|DILR||8||Moderate to difficult|
CAT 2018 Slot-2 Student Reaction
- CAT2018 Slot-2 is similar to CAT2017 Slot-2.
- The overall difficulty level was moderate to difficult.
- DILR section was similar as compared to last year.
- Quantitative Ability was the toughest section – Arithmetic part was more.
CAT Slot-2 Exam Analysis 2018: Section-wise Review
There were total 24 questions of RC. RC part was much tougher than the previous year as options were very close to each other. There were 4 passages with 5 questions each and a set of 1 passage with four questions. The Parajumbles were easy as compared to the last couple of years. There were 4 para jumbles, 3 para summary questions and 3 were odd one out questions.
Good attempts could range between 24-26 and with an accuracy of 90%.
The DILR section was felt comparatively easier than that of 2015, 16 and 17 but it was almost up to the same level. There were 4 LR sets and 4 DI sets and each set had 4 questions. Unlike last year, this year the students could clearly differentiate the LR and DI Sets. DILR section contains 2 Tough sets, 2 Normal but lengthy sets, 2 Normal sets, and 2 very tough sets.
Good attempts could range between 18-20 and with an accuracy of 90%.
Difficult and time-consuming section was Quantitative Aptitude as compared to CAT 2017 exam. Arithmetic along with geometry overshadowed the other topics in quant.4 questions were based on logarithm. Two questions were based on set theory and they were doable. The figure was not given in geometry questions so for solving them one had to draw the figure first.
Arithmetic questions were lengthy and every question required multiple concepts/calculations to get the final answer.
Overall it was a lengthy and time-consuming section.
Good attempts could range between 20-22 and with an accuracy of 90%.
All the best for upcoming exams!!